When your new company is created, there should be a strong emphasis on business cards. Make business cards work for you. Business cards are a tool to let others know what your company is about and what services it provides. A plain white business card does not portray the mission or creativity of a person or a business. Your cards should help make you stand out and be easily recognizable. Bright colors, a distinctive logo, and an easy to read font will make your card stand out from the rest.
Business cards do not have to be boring. They should not look like everyone else’s. Think about ordering square or round cards instead of rectangular cards.
Use the front and back of your card to share your mission. If you are an eco-friendly business, buy business cards made from recycled paper. There are so many ways to make that card work for you! Some people purposely leave a space on the back to write notes or provide other contact information.
Business card marketing is a real thing. It’s effective, and it does lead to new customers and new leads. Here are some suggestions for using your business cards to maximize your customer base:
- Post your cards on community bulletin boards. Restaurants, libraries, community centers, churches, gyms, and stores often have bulletin boards. All you have to do ask to post your card.
- Think about the waiting rooms in your area and leave cards for those waiting for appointments. Doctor’s offices, hospitals, salons, auto shops, restaurants, and government buildings all have waiting areas.
- If you want to expand your reach, consider asking local hotels if you can leave business cards at their check in counter.
- Ask if you can leave your cards at your local Chamber of Commerce office or your local Tourism Office.
- Use your business cards as a direct mailer. Target your audience and send out your cards with a note to potential customers and clients.
- Send out cards with every item you ship or every promotional item you produce for a customer.
- Hand out business cards at local events or at networking opportunities. And don’t forget to ask for other’s business card.
- Create a photo or video of your business card and upload it to all of your social media pages.
Finally, make sure your business card is professionally printed on high quality heavy weight paper. You don’t want to skimp here. Having trouble coming up with a design or getting your design ready to print? Need help with marketing? We can help. Make business cards work for you. Come by or call 573-221-3635 and we can help you with your business card and any other promotional material you need for your business.
© 2018 Poole Communications